In this video, I walk you through all the basic podcasting microphone stand choices and provide my recommendations on each. I also take the time to point out a couple mistakes I made by not considering all the variables that go into making a purchase. Where you sit, your studio configuration, and microphone of choice are all examined in detail.
Products shown in this video:
- Heil PR40 broadcast microphone
- Heil Sound Shockmont SM-2
- Heil PR40 pop filter
- Electro Voice RE20 Microphone
- Electro Voice 309A Suspension Shock Mount
- Electro Voice RE20 pop filter VACRE20
- Audio Technica AT898 Lapel Microphone
- Zoom H4n Recorder
- On Stage Small Tripod Desk Stand DS7425
- On-Stage MS7920B Kick Drum Microphone Stand
- Desk Boom AKG Table Mounted Scissor Stand with 16-foot XLR Mic Cable (Black)
- On-Stage DS7200B Round Base Desktop
- On-Stage MS7701B Euro-Boom Mic Stand
Post questions and comments below!